We make a lot of mistakes in our life, but the worst mistakes as per my view, are the Entry Test Preparation mistakes that a large number of Pakistan students are making. I am sure, after reading this article, you might consider yourself a lucky one because there are only a few recourses on the internet where such things are told to the students. Here we go:
1. Joining Entry Test Session Before F.Sc Exams
It’s one of the worst mistakes a student can make. There is no use of joining an academy before the Entry Test session is started especially when you’re studying the course of F.Sc at the same.
Don’t join such an academy for Entry Test Preparation before F.Sc exams. In our annual exams, MCQs are determined differently as compared to the Entry Test – MCAT and ECAT. You will have become double minded while studying. You will have two types of headaches: either should I prepare for the annual exams or for the Entry Test. When you’re studying F.Sc, it’s positively critical that focus on your 40% aggregate – 10% for Metric, 40% F.Sc and 50% Entry Test. If you get excellent marks in F.Sc, it will pave the way for making your dreams come true. Apparently, those friends or students who are going to the Entry Test Academy while studying F.Sc, you will think that they are preparing for it well, but in reality, those are wasting their time.
2. No Information About Entry Test Dates
Sadly, you will see a lot of students who don’t have enlightenment and information regarding the Entry Test dates of Universities. They don’t have any information when a particular university is conducted Entry Test or when it comes to getting admission. I know a student who decided to take admission in a university, then he came to know that the last date of admission had passed – he was applying in August whereas the last date of admission was in July.
It’s the following solutions:
- Make a list of universities in which you want to apply. Visit their website regularly to watch the specific dates. Here I can help a little bit. If you want to take the ECAT, then these are the top 5 engineering universities in Pakistan according to HEC. If you go to their contact us pages, you can easily find their contact numbers.
Top 5 Engineering Universities
- Pakistan Institutes Of Engineering Applied Science, Islamabad
- National University Of Sciences Technology, Islamabad
- Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Of Engineering Sciences Technology, Swabi
- University Of Engineering Technology, Lahore
- University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila
Note: If you click the name of above university, you will be redirected to its official websites. In this way, you will be informed about the entry test dates and other things
- If you want to take MCAT, then these are the top 5 medical colleges in Pakistan.
Top 5 Medical Colleges
- King Edward Medical College, Lahore
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
- University Of Health Sciences, Lahore
- Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi
- Nishtar Medical College, Multan
Note: If you click the name of above medical college, you will be redirected to its official website. In this way, you will be informed about the entry test dates and other things
- If you don’t have access to the internet, then make a friend or take help of the friend who has a complete internet access. You can message or call his/her without hesitation. You should not hesitate anymore because your future depends on it..
- Every university has its own telephone number for helping the students. You can get their number easily by going their sites or with the help of your friend. You can call them during office hours.
“Do Not Delay! Golden Moments Fly!”
3. Read Guides, Not Text Books
If you think that you’re preparing for Entry Test with the help of guides and notes, then you’re making one of the worst mistakes of your life. Because in notes and guides, a lot of sentences and other important things are missed that can be asked in any Entry Test. If you look at the toppers of Entry Test, you will come to know that they used to read only with textbooks.
Read the textbooks because every MCQ is asked from the book, not from the guides or notes in which a lot of material is missed that can be asked in the test. You must memorize the glossary which is only written in textbooks; you might be wondering, why glossary? Because some MCQs are asked from the glossary. Guides and notes should be used for the following things:
- Understanding the concepts. Because in notes and guides, everything is written in simple English.
- You should buy or make notes about all the formulas of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. For daily revision.
4. Negative Approach of Underdeveloped District Students – Academy
The students who are from the underdeveloped districts, how I can forget you guys. Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta are not the whole Pakistan rather you are also a part of this soul too. You think that without an academy, you will never be able to get admission in your dream university, but in reality, you can do anything.
- You can talk to your close relatives so that they can offer you room for a month or more for joining the academy. Don’t hesitate! There are a lot of students like you who do the same! Don’t care what the people will say about you! Just think the future what you will be after 4 or 5 years if you face this problem for a month.
- There are a lot of websites where you can prepare for the Entry Test for free and paid at cheap rates from Rs.1000 to Rs.2500.
- Buy best guides on Entry Test Preparation, you will find a lot in the markets. Bookmark this site, in the future, I will upload all such guides in the form of PDF on this blog.
- If you have a friend who has taken the test, you can make use of Skype in order to learn.
5. Go for Easy Subject First:
Physics is a nightmare for most of the students, especially for MCAT students. It doesn’t matter how much you have become an expert in a chapter, you will find such an MCQ that you will never be able to solve. If Physics is an enigma for you, then don’t start circling when you have entered into the hall of Entry Test.
You should start circling with the easiest subjects – Biology. It has no or little bit conceptual questions. With points, it will be easy to understand:
- Biology is the easiest subject – at least for me – so, it’s better to start from the Biology section because it needs no mind power.
- After Biology, start from the English section. It has no conceptual questions except a few.
- After English, you should start from Chemistry. It will be easy to solve as compared to Physics.
- Then the rest of time you get, you should spend with the Physics monster.
6. Use a Calculator a lot, not Common Sense
You know a calculator is not allowed in Entry Test either you’re taking MCAT or ECAT. Most students think that we will not use it on the day of Entry Test. Once it has become a habit, it takes to eliminate it.
You have to decide from very the first day you should not use a calculator at any cost. Use your brain, the more you use it, the better. Try to solve simple multiplication and dividing. In the Entry Test, the answers of a lot of MCQs are written in a decimal, how will you solve it without it. Spend daily 20 minutes minimum as if you are a calculator. SAY NO TO CALCULATOR!
7. No Concepts
A lot of students fail to get admission in their dreams medical colleges and engineering universities because they don’t have clear concepts. I’ve seen a lot of toppers of various cities who are unable to crack the test because of the same reason.
It’s one of the biggest challenges for students to tackle this immense problem; a lot of toppers are unable to get admission because of this mystery. It has the following solutions:
- Join a good academy where your concepts will be cleared. In Entry Test, especially from Physics and Chemistry, conceptual questions are asked.
- Pakistan has made advancement in the field of technology, you can clear your concepts free of cost from the following website:
- Sabaq.pk (All Lectures Are In Urdu – Physics, Math, Biology, Chemistry from 9th to 12th)
- Maktab.pk (The Same like Sabaq.pk)
- Khan Academy Urdu (On these websites, every topic of every subject is taught in Urdu.)
The topic that seems difficult to you, you should read its essential. For example, in our F.Sc Physics book, nowhere it’s written that why does a positive charge attracts another. When you read the basic of it from the Physics book of 9th class, you will come to know the reason in easy wording. It’s an example only. You can also make use of other effective books and websites.
8. No Revision
Revision has been a pain in the neck for the students. A lot of students don’t like to revise because it is utterly boring.
Our brain is the constant state of forgetting. That’s why, it’s said:”People forget 50-80% of what they’ve learned after one day. So, it’s better to revise the topics that you’ve memorized in a day, then revise them again within 24 hours otherwise you’ll forget as if you haven’t memorized ever. In this way, the topics will be in your mind for 7 days” Keep in mind the following points:
- Do Daily Revision: Make a list of formulas of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Revise the formulas daily. Take minimum 20 minutes. If you revise them in a month daily, the formulas will be in your mind as if you’re the author.
- Do Weekly Revision: On weekends, you should revise all the things that you have memorized and learned from Monday to Friday.
- Test Revision: When a test is taken, you revise It’s the best type of reversion.
9. Don’t Know the Provided Syllabus
I’ve seen a lot of students who don’t know which topics or syllabus will be asked in the Entry Test provided the student doesn’t go to a good academy.
You must have knowledge that every university gives a specific syllabus in which the test is conducted. For MCAT, UHS conducts the Entry test and also makes the syllabus. You should check the syllabus regularly on this official website. Keep in mind the following points:
- Stick to the syllabus. Try to understand everything what is given in it.
- For example, a topic is given in the syllabus that how an alkane is made, but it’s not given its nomenclature, then it doesn’t mean you should leave it. You should understand how the nomenclature of an alkane is named.
- Open the website regularly of the university that makes syllabus of the Entry Test. Google can also help you in this regard.
10. Zero Self-Confidence and Emotional Intelligence:
As per my view, it’s the biggest of the biggest mistake. Even before taking the Entry Test they think that we were not born for this medical or university college. Also, they lack emotional intelligence.
In the modern world, IQ is not must important as emotional intelligence is. You might be thinking what it means. It means the ability to control and manage your emotions. Many students don’t have enough self-confidence in getting the admission in their dreams colleges and universities. Qasim Ali Shah says:
“Your marks are directly proportional to your self-confidence. The more you have self-confidence, the more you get the greater marks.”
Students think that every year 45,000 students fight for 3 thousand seats for getting admission in the medical colleges in Pakistan, how I will be able to make my dreams come true. But they don’t know if they believe in Allah and themselves, they can easily get admission because It’s seen that in 45,000 students only 10,000 students are well prepared for the test in which only 3000 are selected.
It’s a must watch lecture, students! It’s a three minutes video, but it will change your life!
“Trust in Allah, Respect Your Parents, and Pray”
You should not take a little bit tension. The more you take tension, the more it will become difficult for you to memorize or learn anything. Pressure can help you a lot, you can do a lot of work in less time if you keep you yourself in pressure, but no tension. In this way, you will never waste your time, Sir. Abid Wazir Khan who is the owner of KIPS says,
“Entry Test is a test of your information, knowledge, concepts, speed, IQ, EI, and RQ (Samjhdari)”
Share the Article, Spread the Word!