Did you know that about 50,000 students apply for admission each year at UET Lahore? Only a small percent of these are selected.
You could be one of them!
We have compiled below a step by step complete guide on how to get admission in UET Lahore!
Introduction to UET Lahore
The University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore is a prominent engineering institute formed in 1921. This is a public sector university.
It is situated in the Northern area of Lahore on the Grand Trunk Road close to the splendid Shalimar Gardens.
UET Lahore intently focuses on STEM education. STEM is short for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
The UET Lahore has extended to 4 sub-campuses in the Punjab province namely, the Faisalabad Campus, Kala-Shah-Kaku Campus (Sheikhupura District), Rachna College of Engineering and the Narowal Campus.
The UET Lahore strives to provide quality education along with effective practical training. There are more than 750 teaching staff members dedicated to creating a more learning and innovative environment. There are currently around 9,500 students in the Undergraduate and 1,800 students enrolled in the Postgraduate programs.
This engineering institute has been ranked at 701 positions in 2013 and 2016 by the QS World University Ranking. It is ranked in the top 10 best engineering universities in Pakistan in numerous domestic rankings.
What are the Facilities provided at UET Lahore?
UET Lahore provides excellent facilities to accommodate students in their learning and growing journey. UET Lahore has:
- health clinic
- hostel accommodation and transport facility
- digitized well-stocked library
- well housed cafeteria
- spacious auditorium
- lecture theatres, numerous seminar and video conferencing halls
- 28 outdoor and 5 indoor sports courts
- Wi-Fi facility
- A wide range of spectacular modern lab equipment in various well-equipped laboratories
What field should I seek Admission in?
There is myriad of 26 main departments at UET Lahore to apply in the below main faculties:
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Chemical, Metallurgical and Polymer Engineering
- Faculty of Earth Sciences and Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning
- Faculty of Natural Sciences, Humanities and Islamic Studies
Admission Details for UET Lahore
Did you know that about 50,000 students apply for admission each year at UET Lahore?
- Admissions at UET Lahore open in June and December every year for the Fall and spring semesters.
- The Prospectus can be obtained from the UET Lahore or bought from the following branches of the Habib Bank Limited:
- UET Branch
- Allama Iqbal Town Branch
- Opposite High Court Branch
- H Block Branch DHA
- The students having Pre-medical as their HSSC examination, their marks of Biology will be replaced with their subject of additional Mathematics. When determining the merit.
- The candidates applying on the reserved seats for Hafiz-e-Quran will have to appear in front of a Verification Committee which will award marks between 0 to 20 to their academic marks of HSSC or equivalent examination.
- The candidates applying on the reserved seats for sports will be awarded marks between 0 to 5 to their academic marks of HSSC or equivalent examination depending on their sports accomplishments.
You can follow the below easy steps for applying in UET Lahore:
You have to buy the Prospectus from the UET Lahore or from the branches of the HBL bank.
Log on to the admission portal of UET Lahore at their official website at https://admission.uet.edu.pk.
You need to register yourself by entering your Entry Test Roll Number, CNIC/B-form number and your date of birth.
Your personal information will be automatically added based on your Entry Test Roll number through your Entry Test form.
If you are applying for admission on the basis of your Part 1 of the HSSC/A-Level examination and awaiting the result of Part 2, you should enter your academic record. You need to add:
- Name of the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE)
- Registration number of Matric and Intermediate Part 1 examination
- Add your gained marks out of the total marks in Matric and Intermediate Part 1 examination
If you are applying for admission on the basis of your DEA examination, you need to add:
- Name of the Board of Technical Education
- Your registration number in both Part 1 and Part 2 examinations
- Name of your obtained diploma
- Add your gained marks out of the total marks in both Part 1 and Part 2 of the DEA years examination
If you are applying on the basis of foreign examination (O and A-Level), then you must add the Equivalency Certificate number and its issue date along with the marks gained out of the total calculated on the Equivalency Certificate.
You can select your desired programs and categories to apply in along with the preferred campuses.
Review your online admission application carefully because once submitted, editing cannot be done. Then click on the final submit button.
You need to enter the Verification Code mentioned on the inside of the back title cover of the Prospectus. This code is for one online admission application only.
Now your online application is complete and submitted. You can take out a printout of the form for your own record.
Take out the print out of the Admit Card/Entry Test Roll number slip.
Get ready for the admission entry test and bring the admit card along with you.
Wait for the merit list that will be displayed after a few days on the official website of the UET Lahore. Afterward, submit the semester fee challan and attend the Orientation ceremony upon confirmation of the admission.
What is the Eligibility criteria for Admission at UET Lahore?
The eligibility criteria for candidates seeking admission in the engineering programs of UET Lahore is:
- A minimum of 60% marks obtained in at F.Sc/ICS/DAE/B.Sc/B.Tech(Pass)/A-Level. These marks were excluded from the additional Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran marks.
- Should have studied the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Have appeared in the Admission Entry Test of the UET Lahore of the same academic session.
- Should be able to meet the physique and eyesight standards mentioned in the medical form of his/her.
What are the Documents required for Admission?
You need to set aside the below-required documents at the time of admission at UET.
These documents should be attested by the Class I Gazetted Officer of the government or by a Class A Gazetted Office of the university.
- Latest Passport sized pictures of the format JPG or PNG. The maximum storage size of the picture can be up to 1.0 MB for uploading on the online admission form.
- Copy of SSC or Equivalent mark sheet and Certificate
- Copy of HSSC or Equivalent mark sheet and Certificate
- Equivalency Certificate in case of foreign education (O and A-level) acquired from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC)
- Copy of CNIC or B-form in case of below 18 years of age
- Copy of father or guardian’s CNIC
- Copy of Bachelor and/or Master’s Detailed Marked Sheet (DMC) and result Certificate in case of admission in postgraduate degree programs
- A Medical Certificate (if required)
Admission Entry Test Details
The Admission Entry Test is mandatory for admission at UET Lahore or its constituent colleges and universities.
Since the test will be conducted via the computing systems so no rechecking possibility is available.
The test syllabus is from the books of the already studied FSC/A-Level/DEA programs.
The time limit of the test:
The time allotted for the Admission Entry Test is 100 minutes only.
A Mock test will be held one week before the actual admission entry test. You should attend the Mock test to get the idea of how your admission test will be taken.
This will help you ascertain time limits and be familiar with the test environment and computing systems.
The admission entry test consist of the following 4 combinations of the subjects you opt to be tested in:
- English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
- English, Physic, Chemistry, Mathematics
- English, Physic, Statistics, Mathematics
- English, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science
The total marks of the admission entry test are 400.
- The total questions tested are 100.
- The division of questions are as:
- English – 10 comprehension based MCQs
- Physics – 30
- Mathematics – 30
- Computer Studies/Statistics/Chemistry – 30
- Biology (in place of Mathematics for Pre-medical background applicants) – 30
- There is a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +4.
- The questions left blank will be awarded no marks (0 marks).
Important things TO BRING with you to the test center:
- Admit Card/Roll number slip
- Your CNIC or Passport or domicile as photo identification proof
- 3 blank sheets approved and inspected by the Center Superintendent
Things to NOT BRING inside the test center with you:
- Mobile phones
- Any items/materials that be used for exam help or cheating
How is the Merit determined?
The merit (100%) is determined on the basis of:
- 70% of marks obtained in HSSC or Equivalent examination (including the additional marks of Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran)
- 30% of marks obtained from the Admission Entry Test
What is the Fee structure at UET Lahore?
- The admission application processing fee is Rs. 600/-.
- The cost of Prospectus is Rs. 1,500/- and this includes the application processing fee and the preference fee.
- The non-refundable one-time payable admission fee is Rs. 5,000/-.
- The refundable one-time payable security fee is Rs. 5,000/-.
- The registration fee of the university is Rs. 2,000/-. This is one time paid only.
Contact details of UET Lahore
If you have more queries related to the admission process or want more information you can visit UET Lahore during business hours at the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore at G. T. Road.
You can also contact the UET Lahore during business hours at:
Admission Committee: 042-99029216 and 042-99029452 at 99029470
Registrar: 042-99029227 and [email protected]
Deputy Registrar: 042-99029209 and [email protected]
Assistant Registrar (Academic): 042-99029417